How to install your roller blinds
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Drill - torque drill is best
- Stanley knife to opening packing - be careful not to slice to deep and hit the fabric.
- Level - to ensure roller blinds hang square
WHAT YOU GET IN THE BOX:
- Roller Blind/s
- Brackets and screws (chain drive bracket and pin drive bracket)
- Child safe chain clip and screws
- Chain stopper
- Install instructions
HOW TO INSTALL STEPS:
- Remove blinds and brackets from box.
- Organise blinds and lay them out in front of each window according to what name you have given them
- Unwrap blind and hold up to window to ensure the sizing is correct.
- Please note; Screws provided are only suitable for timber. If you are fixing roller blind to another material you must purchase it additionally making sure it will hold the weight.
- Chain drive bracket will always go on the same side as your chain operation. (If ordering opposite control for double blinds, brackets will come as combination chain drive and pin end on one bracket)
- Use both screw to fix brackets in place (on the architraves for face fit or inside the window frame for recess fit) Remeasure and mark where the blinds will go before fixing brackets as factory makes blinds about 5mm smaller to ensure blind will operate correctly. If Recess fit brackets side fit directly into top corners of the recess window frame. Screw up for these. If it is face fit brackets should be placed on the top outside edge of the architrave.
- Slide the chain drive onto the tongue of your chain drive bracket. Ensure that the cage of the chain drive is in the upright position. Push the pin drive into the pin drive bracket. Rotate the transparent part on the pin until you hear at least one click as this will lock the blind in place.
- Hook the chain onto the child safe clip and screw it to the architrave or inside the reveal (place it slightly away from the blind with not too much tension so it does not interfere with the operation)
- Chain stopper is there to stop the blind from being rolled to far down on back rolled blinds and from going to high on front rolled blinds. Set each blind to desired stop levels and place stopper onto the chain with slit of the ball in vertical position. For standard or back rolled roller blinds, stopper goes on the chain at the front of the blind and if it’s reverse roll or front rolled, stopper goes on the chain at the back.
There you go!
Just like that you have installed your roller blinds and saved on your investment!